March 3, 2010

Slicing Again?

I purposely hesitated before jumping into this water again. Two days to think, to ponder, to wonder if I'm up to all of this committment for writing. It's a luxury to be able to contemplate, and I wallowed in it, wondering if, a year later--having ignored formal writing while Take Life As It Came--was a better life than the purposed pattern of writing daily.

I've admired those who kept up with their purposed writing, reading them in long quenching drafts at the computer, before going on my life of detritus, children, grandchildren, traveling, grading, quirkiness, quilting, sorrow, sadness, aches and pains. I think that about covers it all.

So, I'm jumping in. Going at it again. Wish me luck!
(As always, click on SOLSC button to return to Two Writing Teachers' Website.)

10 comments:

  1. I loved reading your posts last year! I am glad you decided to join this year:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Glad to catch up with you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new for me too. Hang in there and have fun with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new too and sometimes the thought of writing is overwhelming! We ask our students to do it, so I guess we can too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. I was just thinking how this annual challenge is kind of like a reunion -- it's nice to catch up with each other and remember why we do what we do. :)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picture to go along with your post - so perfect for the content. I enjoy choosing pictures that match my text as well and enjoy seeing them in others' posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it. And then think about trying the Women's Memoirs Writing Contest...all you need is a recipe and a story. Details: http://womensmemoirs.com/contests/

    ReplyDelete